About the site
Until recently, few people had any idea what a safe Internet was. Viruses, malware, phishing attacks and other types of cyber threats penetrated computers, laptops and phones from all directions – through mail, vulnerabilities in programs, as well as through infected removable media, etc. antivirus program, most often free, and therefore almost useless.
Now the security on the Internet has improved significantly. This is facilitated by two factors at once:
– web servers through which information passes have significantly improved their security systems;
– users realized how important it is to follow the elementary rules of a safe Internet, and therefore they began to use VPN networks more often, they began to update antivirus programs in time, install powerful firewalls, come up with complex passwords, etc.
Network security: basic rules
First of all, you should strictly refrain from the following actions:
1. Disclosure of personal information to everyone. It is advisable to refrain from communicating data such as name, phone number, residential address, etc.
2. Opening emails from unknown senders. A particular threat is posed by e-mails with catchy headlines: “You won …”, “They sent you money …”, “You were hired …”, etc. At best, there is useless spam, and at worst, a hidden phishing attack.
3. Installation of programs that require temporary disabling of the anti-virus program if there is no absolute trust in the source.
4. Use of open public wi-fi.
In addition, when making payments on the Internet, it is worth using sites exclusively with the “https” protocol, and also make sure that web resources do not save bank card data.
Directly for devices through which access to the Internet takes place, it is necessary:
– install and timely update anti-virus programs;
– improve Internet security by supplementing antivirus programs with other useful utilities: firewalls, anti-malware, etc .;
– hide your real IP with a VPN.
It is important to understand that security on the Internet primarily depends on how responsibly the user approaches the protection of their devices and data. If he closely monitors what information is being shared, does not open dubious letters and executable files (.exe), and also ensures the full operation of the necessary programs, then the likelihood of a successful hacker attack on his devices is significantly reduced.
Visitors to netexpect.org will learn all about how to make your Internet experience as safe as possible. The published materials will help you master the correct techniques for working with e-mail, surfing the web, making payments in online stores, etc.
At the same time, users will be able to properly configure their gadgets – smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers – so as not to leave any loopholes for cybercriminals to enter. To do this, on netexpect.org you can find articles on choosing and installing antivirus software, firewalls, VPN and other security utilities.